Dental crowns are restorations often used to repair teeth that are seriously decayed or damaged. Also called a cap, a dental crown is designed to entirely encase the damaged tooth, restoring it to its original size and shape. Our friendly dentists may recommend a dental crown in Rockport, Massachusetts to restore a damaged tooth to good health and function. In addition, dental crowns can be used to improve the beauty of your smile; all-porcelain crowns are beautifully natural looking and can enhance your overall appearance. Dr. Kim and Dr. Gavelis may recommend a crown for a number of uses, including:
- To attach a dental bridge
- To protect a tooth after root canal treatment
- To cover a dental implant
- To strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
- To improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- To restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed
Each dental crown is custom made to fit your smile comfortably, providing an aesthetic, effective restoration for your smile. We welcome you to call or visit us at Rockport Family Dental today to learn more about dental crowns and how we can improve your smile. We are eager to give a healthy, beautiful smile that you love!